Parliamentarians Commission for Human Rights (PCHR) in collaboration with Parliamentary Task force on Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) and UNESCO organized Focussed Group Discussions (FGD’s) with Honorable Senators and Members of National Assembly to highlight issues related to implementation of PECA and suggesting appropriate amendments in PECA. SenatorJaved Abbasi, Senator Jahanazeb Jamaldini, Senator Usman Khan Kakkar, Senator Shaheen Khalid, Mr. Riaz Fatyana MNA, Ms. Ghazala Saifi MNA, Ms. Javeria Zafar MNA, Ms. Mehreen Razzaq Bhutto MNA, Chaudhry Shafique ED PCHR, Syed Raza Ali ED PJN were the key speakers.
- Parliamentary interventions for alleviating Impact of COVID-19 on women and children
- Focussed Group Discussions (FGD’s) with Parliamentarians on Freedom of Expression & Pakistan electronic crimes Act (PECA)
- PCHR observes World Press Freedom Day
- National Seminar on “Freedom of Expression, Press Freedom, and Related Legislative & Policy Framework”
- Consultation with senior media anchors and journalists in “Freedom of Expression, Press Freedom and related Legislation“