IUCPSS and PCHR to bridge the gap among academia, parliamentarians & policymakers. Islamabad: 3rd November 2020. Inter-University Consortium for Promotion of Social Sciences Pakistan (IUCPSS), the largest network of Pakistani universities and Parliamentarians Commission for Human Rights (PCHR) has agreed to undertake joint efforts aimed at bridging the gap among academia, parliamentarians, and policymakers. Both the organizations signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) at SDGs Secretariat, Parliament House Islamabad. Muhammad Shafique Chaudhary Executive Director PCHR and Murtaza Noor National Coordinator Inter-University Consortium signed the MOU. Mr. Riaz Fatyana Chairman National Assembly Standing Committee on Law & Justice and Convener Parliamentary Taskforce on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) graced the occasion as chief guest. Speaking on the occasion, he urged upon the close working relationships among all the stakeholders for achieving sustainable development agenda 2030. According to the signed agreement, both the organizations would share expertise and resources to assist parliamentarians, policymakers with research papers, and pursue annual agenda covering SDGs and socio-economic development. In this regard, joint activities including advocacy seminars, research publications, consultative workshops, conferences, and other academic activities will be organized jointly. Through the MoU, it was also agreed to exchange information, data, documents and provide input in the areas of one’s strength, in particular SDGs, socio-economic, governance, transparency and accountability; international relations, regional and inter-regional development, peace, diplomacy, arbitration and conflict resolution; gender mainstreaming; and other subjects of common interest. It was also decided that PHCR would facilitate intern placement programs of university graduates/students with parliamentarians
- PCHR Commemorating Human Rights Day 2021
- Strengthening the Legal and Policy Framework on Freedom of Expression (FoE) and Safety of Journalists (SoJ) in Pakistan
- Chairman PCHR Mr. Riaz Fatyna meeting with Excellency Mr. Bernhard Schlagheck, German Ambassador.
- An MOU signed between Inter-University Consortium and Parliamentarians Commission for Human Rights in presence of Chairman PCHR and Convener Parliamentary Taskforce on SDGs Hon. Riaz Fatyana.
- National Consultation on SDG 7